HOW TO OBTAIN FORM M
HOW TO OBTAIN FORM M
Acquiring an electronic Form M is a mandatory step in the importation process put in place by the federal government of Nigeria through the federal ministry of finance and the Central bank of Nigeria to monitor goods that are shipped into the country as well as enable collection of necessary duties where applicable.
In obtaining form M, the following procedure is to be followed:
- Submit your Form M application online to an Authorized Dealer Bank along with the following attached documents:
- Pro forma invoice
- Locally sourced Insurance Certificate
- Regulatory Certificates/Permits. Depending on your product this may be a Product Certificate* (for all products regulated by Standards Organization of Nigeria – SON) or a National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) Certificate (for food and drugs).
- The completed Form M is submitted to the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) for approval.
- Upon receipt of the Form M with the necessary attached pre-import documents as detailed above the NCS will review the application and either accept or reject it within one working day.
- If “accepted” the NCS will register the Form M in the Single Window Trade system.
- If rejected” the NCS will state the reasons for rejection and the documents will be automatically returned for rectification.
- When the Form M has been accepted by the NCS, the importer will inform his exporter to begin shipment preparation for products regulated by SON. This includes inspection, testing and certification in order to get a SONCAP Certificate (SC) required for the Customs clearance of goods at any Nigerian Port. Bowagate global can assist you throughout the certification process in order to get your SC. For more information please visit www.bowagateglobal.com or call +2348147068472.
- After the SONCAP Certificate is issued (where applicable), the goods can be shipped to Nigeria to be cleared with the Pre-Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR) after activation of the SONCAP Certificate on the Trade Portal.
For more information about this process kindly follow us on our social media platforms